Welcome to the niab (Network In A Box) homepage.
niab is a network simulator. niab creates a network inside your
niab is useful
- Generating a virtual network of layer 2 links inside the host
- Connecting network nodes (UML processes) to
the virtual network.
niab networks are made up of links and nodes. A node can be an
email server, a web server, a router, a firewall, etc, etc ....
The network topology can be anything you like. The size of the
network is only constrained by the performance of your host system.
- Application and network configuration, operation and support
- Application and network design verification (Proof of Concept)
- Having great fun whilst learning about networking in general and
linux configuration in detail.
niab comes with 5 tutorial labs:
Creating your own labs, or modifing existing labs is quick and easy.
- demo - simple
- ospf - OSPF
- bgp - BGP
- ent1 -
Enterprise tutorial lab.
- isp1 - ISP
niab can be run under any Linux distribution. Installation
instructions can be found in the niab-how-to.
niab software can be downloaded from here.